Small Farms Network Capital Region COVID-19 Safety Plan
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR PEOPLE ATTENDING EVENTS
The Small Farms Network Capital Region is committed to the safety of staff, presenters, volunteers and participants. We ask you to read this guide before you attend a field day or workshop.
Before the event
Stay at home if you are unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19, you can check your symptoms on line at the Australian Government Heath Direct website . If you have paid for a ticket and can no longer attend, refunds are offered up to 5 days before the event.
Be prepared to bring your own – food, water bottle, chair, pens and paper. Catering will not be provided at some events.
On the day
Hygiene and cough etiquette
- Please wash or sanitise your hands when you arrive and frequently throughout the day.
- Handshaking and touching are discouraged.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and face.
- Cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing with a clean tissue or your elbow. Put used tissues straight into the bin. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Mask wearing is encouraged and supported if you choose to use one, bring your own mask.
- Physical distancing is encouraged. Maintain a minimum of 1.5 metres between you and other people.
Registration and contact tracing
Cleaning and safety
- All staff, volunteers, presenters and participants will sign online when they register or using a manual registration form. Contactless registration online is preferred. The records are only used for contact tracing if necessary.
- If you test positive to COVID-19 after the event please let the coordinator know. The Co-ordinator's phone number and email will be provided on the day.
- Participants may be sent a OH&S and health declaration form before the event to fill out online.
- A COVID-19 Safety Officer is appointed for each event. This person will assist with cleaning and sanitising any equipment.
- No catering or drinks are provided at some events. Participants may be asked to bring their own water and snacks. The provision of food at events will be on a case by case basis.
- Please use hand sanitiser before handling spoons, cups and common equipment at the event.
You can read the full Small Farms Network Capital Region COVID-19 risk assessment here.